'Chennai Express' becomes highest-grossing Bollywood film
Shah Rukh Khan-Deepika Padukone starrer 'Chennai Express', helmed by Rohit Shetty who now has 4 films ('Chennai Express', 'Singham', 'Golmaal 3', 'Bol Bachchan') in the 100 crore club, has earned Rs 202.67 crore in 14 days at the domestic box-office.
"Records are meant to be shattered and #ChennaiExpress does just that. Becomes the BIGGEST grosser of Hindi cinema," said trade analyst Taran Adarsh via Twitter.
"#ChennaiExpress creates HISTORY. Week 1: 156.70 cr. Week 2: 43.85 cr. Week 3 - Fri: 2.12 cr. grand total: Rs 202.67 cr nett. India biz only," added Taran.
Here are the benchmarks set by Shah Rukh Khan's 'Chennai Express', which released on August 9:
1. 'Chennai Express' is the highest-grossing Bollywood film
2. 'Chennai Express' is the first film to cross Rs. 100 crore in its opening weekend
3. 'Chennai Express' is the fastest Hindi film to reach Rs 100 crore. The film achieved the feat in just four days.
4. 'Chennai Express' is the second film in 200 crore club.
5. The Shah Rukh Khan-Deepika Padukone starrer holds paid preview collection record. The film earned Rs. 6.75 crore on August 8 (Thursday) beating 3 Idiots' record of Rs. 2.7 crore
6. Rohit Shetty's romantic comedy has the highest opening day collection record. The film garnered Rs. 33.12 crore on August 9 (Friday) beating Ek Tha Tiger's record of Rs. 32.92 crore
7. 'Chennai Express' also holds the highest second day collection record. The film recorded a B.O collection of Rs. 28.05 crore on August 10 (Saturday)
most watched right now
Personalities from media and entertainment industry kicked-off Asia's largest convention on business of entertainment, 'FICCI Frames 2014', to exchange ideas on the growth of showbiz industry in Mumbai. Bollywood actress, Sonam Kapoor, who dazzled the stage in her stunning outfit, lit the inaugural lamp at the event along with... More Personalities from media and entertainment industry kicked-off Asia's largest convention on business of entertainment, 'FICCI Frames 2014', to exchange ideas on the growth of showbiz industry in Mumbai. Bollywood actress, Sonam Kapoor, who dazzled the stage in her stunning outfit, lit the inaugural lamp at the event along with director Ramesh Sippy FICCI Vice-President Harshvardhan Neotia Secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Bimal Julka and Australian High Commissioner to India, Patrick Suckling. The session this year becomes iconic as the event marks 15 years of its inception, with Australia becoming its partner industry. Versatile Bollywood actor, director, producer and singer, Farhan Akhtar, who was present at the event to talk about his award-winning film 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' along with director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, said the platform is very important for artists from the industry.
Date 3 hrs ago, Duration 1:57, Views 27