'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey': This one surely doesn't play!
Five reasons to watch 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey':
1. As a terrible student of history, I must confess that the movie made me read up about the Chittagong Uprising staged between 1930 and 1934 by a group of little-known revolutionaries led by a school teacher known as Masterda Surya (or is it Surjya) Sen. I have added the book by Manini Chatterjee's "Do and Die", on which the movie is based, to my must-read list.
2. Kiran Deohans and Seetha Sandhiri have managed to recreate south-eastern Bangladesh and the hill tracts of Chittagong quite well, given that the movie was shot largely on India's western region. Of course, there is a palpable absence of life in some of the shots, especially in the first half where the scale is much higher than required.
3. The movie has some decent performances from the supporting cast, with Sikander Kher possibly delivering the stand out act as Nirmal Sen who works with Masterda and others to carry out the Chittagong armoury raid on April 18, 1930. Others worth watching are Shreyas Pandit and Feroz Wahid who play Ambika Chakraborty and Loknath Bal respectively.
4. For those of you who've had a surfeit of Deepika Padukone's chick look, this is a movie to watch. She carries off a plain Jane role of Kalpana Datta quite efficiently and the undercurrents of her love for Masterda are quite well etched out. Of course, we do not get to see too much of her through the movie!
5. For those of you who aren't enamoured by history or hate reading history books, the movie is a great way to get a hang of what led to this uprising and how it was brutally quelled by the British who went about chasing each of the revolutionaries and did them in. In fact, these are some of the best moments in the movie.
most watched right now
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who are reportedly planning to spend their honeymoon in Malta, recently paid 120K pounds to locals to leave Malta Island. The Hollywood duo want to spend some time alone as they shoot for their raunchy blockbuster in Malta, a leading daily reported. A source spilled the beans saying that a lot of ... More Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, who are reportedly planning to spend their honeymoon in Malta, recently paid 120K pounds to locals to leave Malta Island. The Hollywood duo want to spend some time alone as they shoot for their raunchy blockbuster in Malta, a leading daily reported. A source spilled the beans saying that a lot of people had agreed to leave the island so that the couple could have some privacy and 120,000 pounds was a very alluring offer. Business owners have agreed to leave the island of Gozo while Angelina and Brad enjoy their honeymoon and shoot for their new flick 'By The Sea'.
Date 23 hrs ago, Duration 1:26, Views 81