'Band Baaja Baaraat': Much Ado About Something
Five reasons to watch 'Band Baaja Baaraat'
1. In recent times, one has not come across such crackling chemistry between a movie's lead pair. While Anushka Sharma has portrayed Shruti with all heart, newcomer Ranveer Singh is uninhibited as the adorable Bitto Sharma, who tries to "patao" the girl but ends up as her business partner.
2. The movie is essentially "Delhi Unplugged", right from the language to the casually overstated nature of the characters and the extremely middle-class morals of the lead pair. A delightful scene where the duo wake in bed after a night of romance where the girl feels she should get domesticated and the guy thinks of the episode as a "kaand" is hilarious.
3. If Faisal etched out utterly adorable and believable characters in 'Do Dooni Char', his dialogues in 'BBB' is what keeps you hitched for most of the time. The characters become believable only because the dialogues they mouth are believable. What's more it's a welcome break from the "lafda" and "bidu" overdose in movies dishing out Mumbaikar fare.
4. The script is racy enough to keep you glued to the seats for most part of the movie and the dialogues once again make for those interesting interludes where it raises enough laughs without traversing into total craziness and chaos. Unlike some of the recent comedies, the laughs are more situations than forced.
5. There is an earnestness in the entire cast and the crew in making this movie plausible and interesting at the same time. Of course, one may find fault with a few situations that are contrived to say the least, but at two hours and change, it doesn't become an affront to the senses.
most watched right now
The first look of Nikhil Advani's most ambitious project, 'D-Day', was launched in Mumbai. The evening saw the presence of lead actors Irfan Khan, Arjun Rampal, Rishi Kapoor, and Huma Qureshi. On the occasion, director Nikhil Adwani even clarified the reason for choosing a controversial subject for the film.
Date 23-05-13, Duration 2:20, Views 181