THE GOOD ROAD's Oscar journey reaches dead end
India's official entry for the Oscars, THE GOOD ROAD is out of the best foreign film Oscar race. It failed to qualify in the Academy's latest shortlist of nine films.
The nine films will advance to the next round of voting in the category for the 86th Academy Awards out of 76 films that had qualified in the category.
The nine films nominated in the Foreign Language Film category are:
1. THE BROKEN CIRCLE BREAKDOWN (Belgium) - Director: Felix van Groeningen
2. AN EPISODE IN THE LIFE OF AN IRON PICKER - (Bosnia and Herzegovina) - Director: Danis Tanovic, director
3. THE MISSING PICTURE (Cambodia) - Director: Rithy Panh
4. THE HUNT (Denmark) - Director: Thomas Vinterberg
5. TWO LIVES (Germany) - Director: Georg Maas
6. THE GRANDMASTER (Hong Kong) - Director: Wong Kar-wai
7. THE NOTEBOOK (Hungary) - Director: Janos Szasz
8. THE GREAT BEAUTY (Italy) - Director: Paolo Sorrentino
9. OMAR (Palestine) - Director: Hany Abu-Assad
However, the final five nominees in this category will be announced on January 16, 2014, according to the statement on the official Oscar website. The Academy Awards will take place on March 2 at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
THE GOOD ROAD was chosen over THE LUNCHBOX, BHAAG MILKHA BHAAG, ENGLISH VINGLISH, Malayalam film CELLULOID and Kamal Haasan's VISHWAROOPAM.
most watched right now
Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 351.61 points up to stand at 22,628.84. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 104.10 points up to stand at 6,779.40. Apollo Tyres and Crompton Greaves Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 7.64% and 6.88% along with IRB Infrastructure Develope... More Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 351.61 points up to stand at 22,628.84. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 104.10 points up to stand at 6,779.40. Apollo Tyres and Crompton Greaves Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 7.64% and 6.88% along with IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd. and Oriental Bank with an increase of 5.75% and 5.70% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include MCX and Future Retail with a decrease of 3.36% and 2.55% along with Jubilant FoodWorks Ltd and Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. with a decrease of 1.91% and 1.87% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 297.32 points at 13,494.62 while the banking sector is up 255.43 points at 14,625.65 and the realty sector is up 40.59 points at 1,492.84. The Indian currency is down 0.02% at Rs 60.37 per dollar.
Date 17-04-14, Duration 3:13, Views 134