Wed, 28 Nov 2012 13:30:00 GMT | By Reuters

Berry's ex claims he was victim in Thanksgiving brawl

Halley Berry’s ex Gabriel Aubry says her fiancé Olivier Martinez had threatened to kill him before the Thanksgiving Day brawl.


Berry's ex claims he was victim in Thanksgiving brawl (© Reuters)

Los Angeles: Halle Berry's ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry on Monday won a restraining order against the actress's current lover, as the two men fought in the Los Angeles courts over who started their Thanksgiving Day brawl.

Releasing photos of himself with a black eye and cuts to his face, Aubry claimed that he was the victim in the November 22 punch-up with Berry's fiancé, French actor Olivier Martinez, in the driveway of her Los Angeles house.

"I suffered numerous injuries as a result of the attack, including a fractured rib, multiple bruises on my face and a number of cuts which required stitches," Aubry said in court papers, alleging that Martinez had threatened the day before to kill him.

"It all happened so fast and so suddenly; I did not see Mr. Martinez's actions coming and thus I was not ready for it and was not able to defend myself," Aubry wrote.

Aubry, Martinez, and the Oscar-winning ‘Monster's Ball’ actress have been embroiled for months in a custody fight over Berry's four-year-old daughter, Nahla. Berry wants to take the daughter she had with Aubry to live with her and Martinez in France, but a Los Angeles judge denied that request earlier in November.

Aubry claimed in his request for a restraining order on Monday that Martinez told him, "You cost us $3 million," while the French actor punched and kicked him on November 22.

Aubry, a Canadian model, was arrested last week for battery after the fist fight, and ordered to stay away from Berry, the child, and Martinez.

Neither of them has yet been formally charged in the case.

MSN Mobile Entertainment

most watched right now

get connected