DeGeneres' five best Oscar monologue barbs
Los Angeles: Ellen DeGeneres wowed the audience at the 86th Academy Awards with her funny antics and did not spare any nominee.
The 56-year-old gave one of the better Oscar monologues in recent memory at the awards gala Sunday.
Below are DeGeneres' best zingers ranked by people.com:
1. On the night's biggest race: "There are so many different possibilities. Possibility no. 1, '12 Years a Slave' wins best picture. Possibility no. 2: You're all racist."
2. To Jennifer Lawrence, whose award-winning fall at the 2013 Oscars was the subject of an extended riff: "If you win, we should bring you the Oscar."
3. After running down the lineage of Bruce Dern, whose grandfather was governor of Utah, whose great-uncle was a renowned poet, and whose godmother was Eleanor Roosevelt: "What happened?"
4. On the Oscars' resemblance to a recent box office smash: "There are cameras everywhere, you're starving, Jennifer Lawrence won - it's 'The Hunger Games!'".
5. To Liza Minnellii: "Hello to the best Liza Minnelli impersonator I've ever seen. Good job, sir!"
most watched right now
Watch Prince and Sanam speak about Amar's blind folded act on the 'Life OK' show 'Dare to Dance', only on MSN.
Date 11-09-14, Duration 0:42, Views 1571